Sunday, July 18, 2010

Steak on ciabatta

Pronunciation: \ˈleft-ˌō-vər\
Function: noun
1 : something that remains unused or unconsumed; especially : leftover food served at a later meal —usually used in plural

Nathan asked me to write this.... it was actually a really good dinner.
Leftovers usually sit in the fridge and get thrown out at the end of the week when you just know they cannot be good anymore. So, I have been making it kind of a challenge to actually use them and turn them into something good.
*our lens is broken on our other camera so it's the hipstamatic for now*

We had a leftover New York strip from last night cooked medium rare
I sliced ciabatta bread and topped it with
a little mayo mixed with horseradish
a blue cheese/brie
thinly sliced steak
and a lettuce/ herb mix tossed with
olive oil, lemon, salt & pepper
drizzled with
balsamic glaze on top

The leftover mac salad topped with
coleslaw was pretty good too.

I feel like I can never remember the kind of horseradish I am addicted to and that is because it doesn't have a name. Just, 'fresh ground horseradish', its super spicy and this is what it looks like. For real, try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment