Wednesday, June 30, 2010

All the sweetest winds they blow across the south

Sometimes I just miss Savannah and living in the south in general. So I decided I needed to make a low-county boil the other night for dinner and it turned out pretty good- except that we didn't eat it outside on a picnic table covered in newspaper. Still, Nathan said that it was really good and his favorite part was eating with his hands :)
I used a huge pot and filled it with
water
a beer
lemon- halved
1/2 cup old bay
onion
Bring it to a boil, add
potatoes
corn (cut in thirds)
Bring back to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes
add
pre cooked smoked sausage (cut into 1-inch pieces), and cook for another 5 minutes
add
Shrimp (in the shell), and cook for about 3-4 minutes

serve with cocktail sauce (extra horseradish), hot sauce and lemons


I also made pesto and served it with ciabatta bread

No comments:

Post a Comment